Website LEGOLAND New York Resort
Something very exciting is underway in Goshen, New York. Due to open 2021, LEGOLAND Park in Goshen, New York is Merlin’s biggest single investment to date, and you could play a crucial part in this amazing project!
We’re now looking for a unique person who has a passion for roller coasters, fun and safety, and has On the Job Training experience who will lead the way in Making Awesome Happen as we bring the world’s ninth LEGOLAND Park to life brick by brick. You will support bringing the project from construction to a bricktastic place filled with smiles.
About the Role
We are looking for people 18 or over to join our attractions operator team, with On the Job Training Experience or experience in leading a team.
· You will be working a flexible schedule between Full Time Seasonal (This is not a Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 position.) Hours dependent on weather and ride availability.
· Your rate of pay will be $12.50. (If you are chosen as a trainer you will receive a rate differential on your training shifts)
· Your first week will be classroom training as you attend Model Citizen University and Attractions Department Orientation. This is slated to start around March 1 or March 8 and will take place off site. We can assure you that we will be conducting this in a socially distant and safe manner.
· After that, you will be onsite at LEGOLAND New York. You will have a combination of virtual training and in-person ride training.
· It is a working construction site. You will be provided a hard hat, safety glasses and a high visibility vest.
· Your dress code is long pants and construction boots. A good deal of time will be spent outside so you would need to dress according to weather.
· You will be required to wear a mask, social distance, and take a daily temperature check when working.
Attractions Operators are responsible for the safe operation and supervision of all attractions and play structures at LEGOLAND New York Resort. Attractions Operators controls the ride and manages the control panel, in addition to greeting guests, ensuring guests meet ridership requirements, and checking restraints.
· Ensure guests are provided a safe, hospitable, and memorable experience at LEGOLAND New York Resort
· Provide safe operation of attractions and supervise guests on rides and on play structures
· Provide customer service to guest by greeting guests and answer questions as guests enter the attraction
· Manage the queue including merging the standard and fast track queues, verify accessibility program use, and ensuring gates are locked during ride cycles
· Ensure all guests meet the ridership requirements to provide a safe experience
· Assist guests in loading and unloading of ride vehicles
· Physically check restraints to ensure they are in the correct position and are locked
· Understand all standard operating procedures, including how to operate an attraction and handle emergency procedures
· Provides a clean work area and attraction
· Maximize attraction’s hourly throughput and track ridership
· Notify supervisors immediately of any faults, problems, and safety issues
· Oversees the operations and safety for all play structures
· Must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying.
· Prior safety focused experience is a plus
· Prior On the Job Training Experience or experience in training a small team is needed.
· Have good eyesight that allows one to read (with glasses or contact lenses if necessary) a vehicle license plate from 65 feet.
· Be able to hear (with hearing aids if necessary) instructions and confirmation from other Model Citizens even when they are unable to see them speaking.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
· Must be willing to work in hot and cold environments.
· Must be willing to stand or sit for long periods of time.
It is important for you to know that we understand that COVID 19 has changed the way we work, but we have been and will continue to take every precaution whether at a hiring event or at our work site to keep you safe. We are following all government guidance on COVID 19 as our employees, candidates and guest’s safety is our #1 concern.
If you have the magic to create smiles and memories daily then you want to be Team LEGOLAND New York Resort.
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
LEGOLAND New York Resort takes pride in building amazing teams with diverse experiences and ideas, by driving inclusion and innovation in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit merlin.csod.com.