Grand Opening - Ribbon Cutting
Want us to celebrate your business’ grand opening, or anniversary?
Let Us Celebrate Your Grand (Re)Opening With a Ribbon Cutting
To help new and existing businesses in the Town of Monroe and surrounding area promote their business.
Be a member of the Greater Monroe Chamber of Commerce (GMCoC).
The GMCoC will help member business owners promote the opening or anniversary of their business as outlined below:
1.GMCC and the Business Owner meet to decide how big or small they want the event to be, including:
- Local Businesses or county wide
- Local politicians or county wide
- Local Businesses, open invitation, or family and friends
- Day, date and time (week days are usually best-and must be acceptable to the GMCoC)
- The GMCoC will provide a list of elected officials; business owner to extend invitation.
- Will refreshments be served (food, wine, coffee, etc.)
2. Business Owner:
- Prepare a 150 – 200 word article (press release) about the business.
- Prepare materials & handouts
- Arrange for refreshments and prepare a location to host event
- Invite elected officials, personal guests (family, friends), etc.
- Business owner is responsible for all costs directly related to the Grand opening/Ribbon Cutting
– Pre-event activity
- We will bring a photographer and/or invite the local paper to send one to the event.
- We will invite our local membership, other chambers and businesses.
- If there is a ribbon cutting, we will provide the ribbon & ceremonial scissors.
- We will publicize the opening on our web site, in our calendar and in our e- newsletter.
– Day of Event
- We will have someone take photos for our web-site.
- If the business owner wants they may have their own photographer.
- The Chamber Board will attend (as many as we can get) and help cut the ribbon.
– Post Event Activity
- We will send a Press Release and event photo to the local papers (we cannot guarantee they will publish).
- We will post the event photos and press release (prepared by the business) on our website and all social media (Facebook, etc.)
- One week after the event we will issue the press release to Orange County newspapers.
- Two weeks after the event, we will issue the press release to local media throughout the valley.